Heavy Diesel Mechanic
If you’re looking for Heavy Diesel Mechanic Jobs in Bunbury with a family friendly workplace with competitive pay, then this is the place for you.
We are one of Bunbury’s largest workshops. We have an opportunity for a Heavy Diesel Technician who wants solid take-home weekly earnings in an environment that will help develop your career.
This is an exciting time for Bunbury Trucks, it was recently awarded the HINO franchise to offer alongside its established FUSO and Daimler Chrysler products.
The company is dynamic, with a spirit of growth and development. We continue to focus on adding value to our loyal customers, while building out new clients across all areas of sales, parts and service!
If you’re an experienced mechanic and want to work at one of Bunbury’s top truck dealerships, come take a look!
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Inspects and repairs vehicles with diesel engines
• Handles routine repairs, including oil and tire changes
• Interprets diagnostic test results accurately
• Write detailed inspection reports and repair plans
• Train and mentor trainees and apprentices
• Collaborate with other diesel mechanics
• Submission of reports and plans for approval to customers
• Advice on repair options and costs to customers
• Test drives to ensure the vehicle runs correctly
• Safe use of electricity, machinery, and hand tools
• Compliance with rules & standards of the vehicle repair shop
• Adherence to health and safety regulation
YOU SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
• Previous experience as a Truck Mechanic
• Appropriate trade certification
• Experience with Japanese trucks (advantageous)
• A background in diesel mechanics
• An HR Licence (not essential)
• Be a quick thinker
• Ability to problem solve
• Good time management
• Have a high degree of integrity
• Understanding health and safety regulations
• An ability to build rapport with clients
• Strong customer service skills
• An ability to mentor and coach
• Development and job promotion opportunity
• Exceptional pay, $42/hr – $46/hr, with regular hours
• Job security
• State of the art workshop facility
• Work, home life balance
• Relocation assistance